I love newborn photography. It truly is my passion and one of my most favorite types of photography. I have specialized in newborn photography since 2012. I want to make sure you know exactly what to expect when you work with us at Gregersen Photography so I have provided a lot of great information about my newborn photography services.
frequently asked questions
How much is a newborn photography session?
Complete Newborn Photography Session: $225 and include up to three hours for the session and one 8x10 print. This session can include any and all family members such as siblings and parents. This session is scheduled for up to three hours. Any additional prints, albums, or digital files are purchased at the view and order session one week after the photo shoot.
Mini Photography Session: $125 includes up to one hour with just your little newborn. This session will consist of our beautiful wrapped poses as little ones love to be bundled up tight and just fall asleep. We will incorporate props and bean bag posing as well as baby and time allows. This is a great way to have gorgeous photographs of your little one in a short time frame and for those parents that do not want to include family, parents, or sibling photographs.
Both sessions have a $300 order minimum investment requirement. The $300 order min. investment is separate from the $225 or the $95 (mini) session fee. To view our pricing catalog, please click here!
Do you have a studio or do you come to the house?
We have a gorgeous photography studio where we focus on baby photography. Our studio is all set up with props and accessories for our littlest of clients. We are located at 5100 E. Michigan Ave. Kalamazoo, MI 49048.
Can we include sibling and family photographs in the session?
Yes!! We are happy to accommodate family and sibling photography for the Complete Newborn Photography Session. This is such a memorable and precious time for your family…we want to make sure all are included. Some have asked about pets…..we do have some restrictions on our furry friends, so please ask for more details if you would like to bring a pet to the studio.
What about digital files? (very popular question!!) 🙂
We have clients that prefer to have us do all the work…such as making their gorgeous canvas wall portraits, print their paper prints on the highest quality paper, and design and order adorable photographic albums. However, some families prefer to go the digital route and order all the digital files from the session. The client has the option to do either option. Both are edited to perfection. If a client decides to order their portraits and prints from our studio, we happily offer them social media sized non-printable digital files of the images they chose to have printed as our gift. To view our pricing catalog, please click here!
Do you have a one year baby plan?
Yes!! The Adored Baby Plan is a very popular option for families that know they want the first year of their sweet baby’s life photographed. The Baby Plan is not only the best value, but it comes with LOTS of perks!! Here are a couple of the big things to consider for theBaby Plan…
- The $575 is the Baby Plan fee for the year. That will cover the session fees for the newborn, six month and one year sessions. If you pay the fee in full by the time of the newborn session….we happily gift you a free three month mini session. The three month session is just for the baby to capture the sweet little smiles at this fun age….the other sessions can include family and siblings.
- The newborn, six month and one year sessions will have the $300 order minimum investment requirement at each session. The three month session is our gift to you so there is no print order investment requirement for that session.
- All Adored Baby Plan families are given VIP treatment as far as making sure they are on our busy calendar first and foremost. They also receive some fun bonus gifts from us….at the newborn session they are gifted 25 custom made birth announcements, at the one year session they are gifted an adorable 16x20in. gallery wrapped canvas with three images on it…..one from the newborn, six month, and one year session. It is an adorable canvas that looks fabulous in the baby’s nursery.
- The extra special digital bonus we give is really fun and our Baby Plan families LOVE it….it is a smart phone app! After each session, we will take the images that you purchase in print and make those digital files into a smart phone app. You can then download the app to your phone and show off the images in a nice slideshow. The app. can be shared to other family member’s phones and on social media as well! Families get this after EACH session!
What about a maternity session?
WE LOVE MATERNITY PHOTOGRAPHY almost as much as we love newborn photography!! We treat a maternity session like we do a regular family or child session as far as pricing and amount of time for the session and all that good stuff. You can click here to learn more about our session fees. The Maternity session is $175 for 90 minutes, unlimited outfits, up to two locations as time allows. We do have the $300 order min. investment requirement with the maternity session and all sessions that we do. We do offer a mini maternity session at the studio if you are looking for a short but of course sweet maternity session. Please contact us for the details about that session.
How do I book with you?
To book any session, we ask you please fill out the short form on our contact form page here.
After we have been in contact, to officially book a session, we ask you pay the session fee. That can be done by check, cash, or credit card. The payment of the session fee will secure your date and time of your photography session. Please note that all session fees are non-refundable, however you may reschedule your session if need to be.
We schedule newborn sessions ONE week after the due date. If baby comes late or early….we are happy to accommodate! We highly suggest you book your session as early on in your pregnancy as possible to ensure we have availability.
Please feel free to contact the studio if you have any other questions!! 🙂
portrait & product pricing
***Please note the session fee include the shooting time, talent and use of props and accessories. It does not include prints, products, or printable digital files. We schedule your ordering appointment with you approximately one week after the photography session. The ordering appointment is at Gregersen Photography Studio.***
the baby plan pricing
THE ADORED BABY PLAN
Our THE ADORED BABY Plan is our specialty one year plan we offer at the studio. We LOVE moms and babies and offer this special plan for those that would like to have their little one photographed through all the special milestones of their first year of life. This is such a special time in your life…just as important as your wedding day and we want to make sure you have gorgeous photography to document your baby’s first year.
We love to spoil our new moms and babies at the newborn session and throughout the year with VIP treatment. We make sure you have your next session scheduled on our calendar to ensure you get the spot you need before our sessions fill up. We are thrilled to focus on your style and personality at each session and encourage you to let us know if you have any specific ideas or sentimental props. We want these photographs to be unique to your family and little one.
The Adored Baby Collection $575
three portrait sessions, exclusively designed for baby
~ 3 month mini session~
~six to eight months (sitting)~
Includes 25 custom made birth announcement,
one 3-image art piece, and
Smart Phone app of ordered images to show off on your phone and social media
BONUS:: We offer your choice of a bonus session. You can choose either a Mini Maternity Session or a 9 month mini session. Session is complimentary and does not have an order minimum investment just like the 3 month mini.
PRINT ORDER MINIMUM
We ask for a $300 order minimum at each session to be able to ensure we can offer you the very best customer service, quality of products….and a fabulous experience at our amazing studio. We offer a bonus free three month mini session and do not have order minimum requirement with that session. Since the session is our gift to you, we do not require a minimum print investment.
A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER
Newborn sessions go much more smoothly if the baby is under 10 days old. However, if you have missed this time frame, no worries, with our patience and expertise we will still be able to capture gorgeous images of your baby. As moms ourselves, we understand that you may be feeling overwhelmed at this time, but we work very hard to take care of YOU and BABY! All you have to do is show up and let us pamper you and your baby. We have even had moms catch a much needed nap their baby is being photographed. We strive to not only give you gorgeous photographs, but also a fabulous experience.
**PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE**
“After some Google searching for photographers when we moved to the Kalamazoo area 4 years ago, my husband and I happened upon Gregersen Photography’s website. While perusing Melissa’s work online, I immediately knew that this was who I wanted to capture memories for my family – and I have never been disappointed in that choice!
Melissa is not only a gifted photographer, but she is also a true professional in every sense of the word. Melissa is patient (which is a must when dealing with little ones!), kind, honest, and has an uncanny ability of obtaining the “perfect” shot. We always look forward to working with Melissa whether it’s for a quick mini-session of the kids, family photos, or to capture the squish of a newborn. I recommend Gregersen Photography to everyone!”
TIPS TO PREPARE FOR YOUR SESSION
1. The most popular question I get is “what should we wear?”. We suggest that families should coordinate, but not match. The easiest way to do this is to pick two main colors and then add one or two accent colors. An example would be denim and cream as the main colors and then add a touch of mint and brown. Coordinating allows everyone to to blend well together yet still have some variety in colors and style.
2. For siblings of your newborn, please bring snacks and drinks….modeling can be hard work for them! 🙂 I don’t mind taking breaks as needed for little ones. Non-messy snack work well such as crackers, “smarties” candy, cereal puffs, or small fruit snacks. We suggest you stay away for chocolate or suckers to avoid messy faces and stickiness. Another tip is to bring water, everyone can use water during the session and especially after the session.
3. If you have a sentimental item you would like to bring to a session, please ask! I love to incorporate those items. Such as a favorite stuffed animal, blanket, or prop from home. You do not need to bring in outfits for your newborn. I have lots of wraps, headbands, hats to accessorize your little ones. I prefer to photograph newborns naked or with light wrapping. We find clothing can be bulky and just to big for photographs.
4. If you think you may be overwhelmed at the session (especially if their are siblings) , bring a helper! A friend, grandma or babysitter. Someone who will help you and make your job easier to get everyone dressed and ready. For newborn session sessions, we photograph family first, then siblings….that way if dad or your helper would like to take the older sibling(s) out for lunch or to play outside they can while we spend the rest of the session with your newborn.
5. Do your best to prepare the day before the session. Setting out the outfits for everyone and talk about it with your children so they know what to expect. Try to not over pack your schedule the day of the session. I always suggest moms to make an appointment to have their hair and makeup professionally done. You work hard and deserve a little pampering before your photography session.
6. These next steps are just for your newborn baby. Please bring a pacifier to the session. I understand some parents may not want to use a pacifier with their baby….however, I ask you please consider for just this session. When I am trying to put babies into different poses, I find the pacifier is a great soothing tool and help them relax into a pose.
7. I suggest you arrive to the session 30 minutes early if possible and feed your baby when you arrive. That way he/she has a very full belly and going into that wonderful “milk coma”. I need our little clients sleeping in most of the poses I put them in. To help bring in a sleepy baby, try to keep your little one awake for a hour before your session, a bath can help with this right before the session.
8. Be prepared for the newborn session to take up to three hours. I will happily snuggle and pose your little one and let you relax with a book or your smart phone in our waiting room.
Enjoy those newborn snuggles!!