Hidden Vineyard Wedding Barn is one of the most romantic places to get married here in West Michigan. The barn is rustic and so beautiful for most any style, theme or color a bride dreams up! Not to mention the gorgeous tree that a couple can get married under and the vineyard for the dreamiest of photographs.
Samantha and Joe are just so darn cute together….and a dream to work with from start to finish. Their wedding day got wet just as we started the photographs for the day, and Sam just rolled with it. She was getting married and rain or shine she was all smiles!
Enjoy getting to know a little more about Sam and Joe on their wedding day!
1. Was there an official proposal?
- Joe and I always wanted to go to the Morton Arboretum for their holiday light show so he surprised me by getting tickets. We started the night by having dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse which was delicious. We then proceeded to the arboretum for the lights. We followed the paths and viewed the lights while enjoying some warm beverages since it was a bitterly cold night. When we got to the end, we couldn’t believe we made our way through so fast and Joe suggested we walk it again. As we walked through the second time, we stopped at a light display where Joe got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.
2. What characteristic to you love most about each other?
- My favorite thing about Joe is his work ethic and drive. He is always working hard and trying to better our life together. He also has a contagious laugh that always gets me to smile and lighten up when I’m too serious.
- My favorite thing about Sam is that she cares for others before herself. Last year I was in a rough motorcycle accident and she was by my side the whole time caring for me without complaints.
3. What are some fun things you love to do together?
- We like spending time outdoors with our two Australian Shepherds. This includes hiking, swimming, and playing frisbee. We enjoy eating good food, watching movies, and spending time with our family/friends.
4. What was the best memory of your wedding day for each of you?
- Sam: My favorite moment was walking down the aisle and seeing Joe for the first time. He was crying which is something he has never done in the 6 years we’ve dated.
- Joe: My favorite moment was watching Sam walk down the aisle with anticipation of seeing her for the first time.
5. Why did you choose your wedding venue?
- We chose our venue because of the beautiful Catalpa tree where the ceremony is held. It is a one of a kind venue with the tree, rustic barn, and vineyards.
6. Describe the feeling of your wedding day as you look back.
- Happiness – Joe and I were told by many of our guests that we never looked happier. It was an amazing feeling to have our closest family and friends in one place to celebrate this special day of our lives.
7. If there was one thing you could change about the day what would it be?
- If we could change anything, it would definitely be the weather. Even though it wasn’t a heavy rain, the light drizzle was not part of our plans.
8. Any advice to other bride and grooms out there?
- Enjoy the day! It goes by way too fast.
- Don’t stress over things that are out of your control.
- Spend time with your friends and family.
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
- St. Lucia!!
10. Please add a wonderful special memory if you would like…
- We had family and friends from all across the country come to celebrate our day with us including Joe’s great-grandma in her late 90s.
11. Please list the top three priorities in your life as a couple together now. Things you will strive for together each day….
- Be happy and communicate with each other.
- Accept and support each other’s differences.
- Buy a house and start a family.
12. How did we do?
- Melissa Gregersen Photography was wonderful! Melissa is so bubbly and upbeat which makes her easy to work with. A few days before the wedding, Melissa called us to go over the plan for the big day. She was very detailed and made sure we were on the same page so everything would go smoothly. Any time I had questions during the planning process, she was always quick to respond and provided knowledgeable insight. We saw a few sneak peek wedding pictures and were speechless with how well they turned out. Even with the rainy weather, Melissa and her sister went above and beyond to capture pictures that we will cherish for a lifetime. I would recommend Melissa Gregersen Photography to anyone in need of a photographer! She really is the best!