Gift Ideas for Moms Who Just Had a Baby
We all know that baby showers are meant to help moms and dads prepare for the coming of your little one as their loved ones shower them with super cute outfits, onesies, diapers and wipes. I remember as a new mom how grateful I was for all those gifts for my baby girl.
I am now many years down the road from those sweet newborn baby days with our girls, but as I work with newborns and their mothers weekly here at the photography studio, I think about what would be some great gift ideas for the mom. Not something for the baby, we all know that babies will be spoiled quite well enough. 😉 But something for just the mother! So we have been thinking of some ideas and thought we would share them with you all so that you can spoil a special mother in your life who may be expecting a little one or has one at home right now. Receiving a well thought out gift from someone can truly make an exhausting day turn of mom life into a good day just knowing that someone care.
1. Personal Make Up Bag
- We found this cute and stylish petite makeup bag. It is the PERFECT size to hold all of mom’s essentials. Especially non-baby essentials! It is soft and quilted and looks great and can be personalized! I love the little tassle on it…it’s such a cute touch, and I know a mom would love to receive a gift like this. We all know our makeup bags need to be refreshed every couple of years, so help a friend out who just had a baby and give her a pretty little gift like this bag.
- The gift of lavender products is always happily received! Lavender is well known for its relaxing qualities. We found these products (and many others) at Shades of Lavender in Mattawan Michigan. They have lotions, body butter (great for stretch marks), essential oils or relaxation and tension headaches, and super cute soaps. They have an online shop and a little shop right at their lavender farm and all products are made right there.
- These gifts would fit perfectly in the little make up bag above and I know any mom or mom to be would be thrilled to have such a pretty and thoughtful gift.
3. Personalized Beverage Tumbler
- This is one of our favorite finds, mainly because I LOVE pink and love supporting local small businesses in my area! The Wild Muse-Inspired Designs recently started created customized beverage tumblers and WOW these are stunning!! Not something you may say about a tumbler, but they are uniquely made per order and can be customized with a name or design and favorite color. Moms would love a gift that they knew was made just for them and one that is very practical and will be used each day.
- I am so in love with this pretty cup and so excited to show it off!!
4. Soft Headband
- We love soft headbands. They are so cute and fashionable and allow us to show off our style and personalities! The best part is not having to worry about our hair being perfect. A busy mom still wants to look cute and these headbands allow that and are so comfortable. Moms an throw their hair up in a bun or ponytail and add one of these headbands and done….back to changing diapers, running errands and snuggling their baby while looking great!
- One of our favorite headband designers is Sweet Stitch Novelties. They offer two different types of soft headbands, the simple stretch headband and the twist one. We love both!!
5. Gift Certificate for Baby Photography
- There are so many things running through a pregnant mom’s head as she is prepping for her little one that is coming and will change her life for the better, and also turn it completely upside down. 😉 Every mom wants to have beautiful photographs of their baby, but sometimes they just forget to start looking for a photographer or keep thinking “I will get to that”. Gift certificates are a wonderful gift to a new mom so that they for sure have beautiful images that they will love and cherish of their baby for the rest of their life.
- We have had people buy gift certificates from us for baby showers….as several friends and family will “go in together” and get them a gift certificate for a newborn family session with us. Such a special and valued gift because we all know you can only have so many cute onesies and pajama sets. 😉 So whether it be with us here at Gregersen Photography for newborn photography or a photographer in your local area….please consider this option.
- We guarantee a mom would be so so grateful for the gift of photography.