We learned when we arrived at Emily and Scott’s Wedding that they were the first official wedding at Bay Pointe Woods! How fun is that! What an amazing venue and Summer day we had for their wedding! Emily and Scott were just a delight to work with, so full of smiles, laughs, emotion, and genuine hospitality to everyone on their wedding day! I so enjoyed photographing at Bay Pointe Woods, and Emily and Scott were the perfect couple to start off our wedding season with.
Emily and Scott, THANK YOU so much for choosing me andI wish you to all the best in your life….please come find me when those cute babies come!! 😉 Enjoy your wedding day highlights!
- We met on match.com in January of 2018. We spent the first couple of months getting to know each other and developing a friendship first. Late March of 2018, we made it official – we were boyfriend and girlfriend 🙂
- Yes, Scott proposed at Melting Pot restaurant. It was very sweet, and he was a bit nervous. At one point one of the servers walked by our table just as he was about to propose. He paused for a second not wanting an audience. Then he said, “I am not sure how to do this. Emily, will you marry me?” I loved it and was thankful he didn’t have any practice proposing!!
What characteristic to you love most about each other?
- I love Scott’s work ethic and that he is always willing to give people a helping hand. He loves the Lord and has a servants heart. Scott also has a sensitive heart and cares deeply for his friends and family. Scott is analytical and precise which serves as a great balance to my non-analytical side and lack of preciseness. He makes me laugh everyday and keeps me on my toes when my lack of attention to details may get me into trouble. He also has a wonderful smile, beautiful eyes and is a very handsome and kind man.
- I love that she is a believer in Christ and values family and friends! I love that she challenges me and that helps to keep me growing in my walk with Christ. She has a passion to help others personally and professionally. I love her blue eyes, her personality and energy she brings to our relationship as it lifts me up when at home.
What are some fun things you love to do together?
- We are a fun-loving and very balanced couple. Scott is an engineer and Emily is a mental health therapist. We bring very different strengths to the table, and so far we have been able to really value those different strengths. Our Christian faith is very important to us and we strive daily to have Christ in the center of our lives and our relationship.
- We love exploring new places, eating good food, wine tasting, taking our dog for walks, hiking, drinking good coffee, making yummy meals together, watching movies, serving at church, listening to live music and even shopping at Meijer together is fun!!
What was the best memory of your wedding day for each of you?
- Scott and I doing the communion and unity sand together. Walking down the aisle after we were married. Dancing together throughout the evening. Listening to our attendants toasts.
- I loved seeing her out on the dock as she tapped my shoulder and I turned to see her for the first time. And all the above that she mentioned.
Did your wedding day incorporate any special history, hobbies or passions that are special to you both?
- Our entrance song with a mash-up between the Michigan State and Purdue fight songs as Emily went to MSU and Scott went to Purdue. It was fun to have a little Alma mater rivalry.
If there was one thing you could change about the day what would it be?
- Spend a little more time mingling with the guests and enjoy the beautiful outdoors a little bit more.
Any advice to other bride and grooms out there?
- Do not sweat the small stuff and expect that some things will not go exactly as planned and that is perfectly okay and normal. Allow others to help you on the day. Make the Lord the center of your marriage. It’s the only way to go.
Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We did a mini-moon to New Buffalo MI and are in the midst of planning our main honeymoon for the fall.
What is your biggest accomplishment together so far?
- In the process of combining two independent lives into a joint one as we were both older when we got married and each had our own homes. So far it is going very well as we are working to listen to each other and trying not to get too caught up in the small things.
Please add a wonderful special memory if you would like…
- Scott and I both lost our mothers and we had a beautiful memory table. We took a picture by the table, and even though it was a tear-jerk-er to do that, I am so glad we have that special memory captured.
Please list the top three priorities in your life as a couple together now. Things you will strive for together each day….
- Christ first
- Open communication and honesty
- Accept each others differences and see the value in them.
Gregersen Photography was wonderful to work with. Melissa and her sister were great to work with and very efficient and precise. They had a set idea of photos to take and then were always open to additional photos we wanted throughout the evening. Before the wedding, Melissa was very flexible with meeting with us to do photo planning as we were driving in from out of state. She was always very responsive when communicating through email, and had wonderful ideas to help make our wedding day a fabulous one.