Frequently Asked Questions:
Do you have a studio?
Yes! We have a gorgeous studio located in the historical Rose Street Market building in downtown Kalamazoo, MI. We always prefers to shoot outdoors if the weather permits. I feel this allows my clients very unique and custom photographic art. Since the studio is located in downtown Kalamazoo, there are many fabulous locations to photograph within walking distance of the studio.
How would you describe your style?
My style is fun, relaxed and always centered around the style of the Senior. I love to focus on the expressions and natural personalities of our clients. Since every Senior different, I does my best to photograph their style. Please know that we ask for full creative discernment in our sessions. I am always open to suggestions, and prefer to meet with clients for a pre-consultation appointment to learn exactly what your expectations are… what type of photography style you are looking for, and what your photographic art needs are such as sizes and shapes for your wall portrait(s).
How about pets or props?
Of course! We love to have your own props….Seniors will bring their musical instruments, sports props such as a jacket, or ball, we have had Seniors bring their favorite books or magazines also. Anything that represents who you are in this time of your life. We love to work with your pet also, we do ask that you have another person present to take care of the pet after we are done photographing you and your pet.
Do you do “Packages”?
Yup. We do….we offer them to allow our clients to get exactly what they want and a little savings in the pocket!
How much is this going to cost me?
We know that great photography is not cheap…anything that is of high quality is an investment. We pride ourselves in offering high quality photographic art and offering only the best products in the industry. These photographs will represent this amazing time in your life, and we want you to look back on them with joy and say…”wow I look amazing and that was so fun!” We offer several different Sessions to meet most needs for today’s high school Senior. The session fee is for the session, the time and talent of Melissa, and a complementary watermarked image for you to enjoy on facebook. (The session does not include prints, digital images or albums….all are ordered separately at the view and order appointment.)
1. The Essential Session: $150 – This session is perfect for the guys. We find that they like to work fast and of course they want to look good, they just don’t want to spend all day doing it. So this session is up to 40 minutes long. One or two outfits and one location.
2. The Senior Experience: $195 — MOST POPULAR!! This session is customized for the girls and guys that want to really have fun during their Senior Photography Session. This session is up to two hours. We allow unlimited changes of clothes, however we find that three outfits is the norm. We allow two separate locations.
3. The Digital Senior Experience…$800 (over $100 savings!) –The Senior Experience includes hair and makeup! Complete set of edited digital images on DVD or flash drive. Custom mobile app. slideshow provided for those that have smartphones and custom facebook timeline!
4. The Digital Senior MINI SESSION Day…$425 ***This is offered on AUGUST 15th, 2013 only!!! Thirty minute session, two outfits, makeup artist for girls is provided if wanted. One location will be disclosed at later date. Up to 15 edited digital images on DVD, and a custom smart phone slideshow app for those with smart phones.
Senior Print Packages:
Just The Favorite! Pick your favorite one pose….$150
-(1) 8×10 print
-10% off additional add on prints and digital products
Just the Basics….$400 (Up to four poses)
-(1) 11×14 print…(upgrade to canvas for $100, upgrade to 16×20 print…$40..upgrade to 16×20 canvas for $195.)
-(2) 8×10 prints
- (2) 5×7 prints
-32 wallets ( two poses)
-15% off additional add on prints and digital products
Pride and Joy….$995
-(1) 16×20 canvas …. Upgrade to 20×24 canvas for only $65.
-(3) 8×10 prints
-(6) 5×7 prints
- 4x5in. spiral bound brag book with up to 20 images
-98 wallets (up to four poses)
-100 custom made graduation cards
-Up to 5 complementary watermarked facebook images of your choice and custom made smart phone app. slideshow.
-20% off additional add on prints and digital products
Sky is the Limit…$1495
- Your choice of a 16×20 canvas or 20×24 canvas.
-All digital images with printing rights
-100 custom made graduation cards
-10×10 custom made album with up to 30 images
-154 wallets (up to six poses)
-Up to 7 complementary watermarked facebook images of your choice and a custom made smart phone app. slideshow
25% off additional prints, products and digital products
ALA CARTE PRINT PRICING:
set of 16 wallets (one pose per sixteen) : $45 – set of 32 wallets (two poses): $80 – set of 64 wallets (four poses): $130 – set of 96 wallets (six poses): $150
5×7 and smaller $30 (Buy five get one free) …. Choose the same pose: Buy five get three free!
8×10 $55 **
10x20in. Three Image Collage…$175 on stand out mount…..upgrade to canvas for only $95.
**Mounted for stability on styrene material. Protects print from bending and creasing. Also sprayed for archival purposes.
Other print and product pricing available by request….such as albums and books.
USB of the complete session digital files…$650
Watermarked facebook images…$10 each or 5 for $40.
Albums: 10x10inch : $625…..8x8inch : $525…6x6inch : $350 (ask for all the fun details about these albums!!)
~Basic retouching is done on all final images that will be printed free of charge. This includes minor acne or minor facial shine. If you would like extra artwork done (moles, scars, braces ect.) please let us know when you order. We do charge $25/image for more extensive photoshop work to be done.
****DO I HAVE TO BUY A PACKAGE?? We do not require our clients to purchase a package, however, they are priced at with a discount, and offer discounts on ala carte products too! If you choose to not order a package….you can create your own package at a $250 print order minimum. We work very hard on our photography services, and guarantee you will love your photographs!
Some FUN incentives as you invest in your Senior Photographs….
~Invest $500 or more at your ordering appointment and receive an additional 16 wallets for free!
~Invest $600 or more at your ordering appointment and you will be gifted a custom smart phone app that is a slideshow of 20 images from your Senior Session.
~Refer a friend to us who books with us…and we will gift you 16 free wallets of your choice in pose!
How do I book a session?
We take a limited number of sessions each week. We try to schedule most sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Our evening sessions are on Tuesday and Thursdays. These sessions fill up fast due to the popularity of these time slots. To officially book a session, we ask for the session fee be paid in full to seal your date and time. We will send you a paypal invoice through email and you can then pay by credit card o to book your session on the date and time we have have agreed on. We do not book your spot by verbal agreement only…once we have the session fee, then and only then is your session officially booked. This session fee is NON-refundable. However, if you need to reschedule, we do our very best to accommodate, just remember our schedule is very tight. We do allow for two cancellations and reschedule dates, if clients have more than two cancellations there is an addition $25 fee.
What do you suggest we wear?
Be yourself and wear what is comfortable for you. We love colors. Some of our suggestions to think about are:
1. Shoes…have cute shoes or boots. They photograph so well. If you do not have cute shoes….go barefoot!! Flip flops do not photograph well…so please try to stay away from them if you can.
2. Color!! We LOVE color. Colors photograph so well and we recommend you dress in fun colors if that is your style. We can make your photographs just pop off the page if you are wearing great colored outfits. If you love more muted tones, like white or gray…no problem…just think about bring layers or a scarf anything with texture to add interest to the image.
3. Accessories….this is the “icing on the cake” in photographs. Cute hats, headbands, hair pieces, scarfs, layered outfits/jackets, jewelry, and shoes also fit in this category.
4. For the girls!! We strongly suggest you have your hair and makeup done by a professional for your session. We wish we could demand it, but we are just going to STRONGLY RECOMMEND it. We have a great relationship with one fabulous hair and makeup artist who is even willing to come to the studio and do your hair and make up at the studio before your session!! If you would like to learn more about her and book your hair and makeup appointment with her….please click here. We ask that you please book your session with us first then set up your hair and makeup appointment.
What kind of products do you offer?
Only the best! We specialize in photographic art for your home. Photographic art is more than an 8×10 in a frame. We offer gorgeous gallery wrapped canvas prints that you will treasure and hang on your walls for a lifetime. We also offer custom made gorgeous albums, stand out mounted prints that look fabulous in a collage, custom made graduation cards , and of course loose paper prints such as the popular wallets!
Do you sell the digital files?
I understand that we all live in the “digital age” and how important digital files are to people….we love them too! We allow our clients to purchase digital files of the complete session. You will be given a print release to print these images at any size. We will also give you a recommendation of where to have them printed to make sure you preserve the professionally editing that was done on the images. The cost for the digital files of your session is a $650 investment. This is a great value if you have a large family and want to go and do all your own printing. If you are looking for a a great deal…check out our Digital Senior Mini Session Day above.
What happens after the session is over…how do I see the images?
When you schedule and book your session, you will also be scheduling your View and Order Session. This ordering session is where you will see your images and then place your order at that time. We do offer an online gallery for two days prior to the View and Order Session. If you would like the online gallery extended for one week after you place your order, we can do that ! This online gallery is for your extended family members that would like to purchase photographs. There is a $15 charge to open up the gallery for one week after your ordering appointment. We want you to get your photographs as soon as possible. So your View and Order Session is scheduled one to two weeks after your session, and then your orders are ready for pickup usually within two weeks. We understand you can not wait to see your photographic art and Melissa works very hard to get it in your hands and on your walls fast! We do require that you place your complete order at the view and order session. So make sure all your decision makers are present at that appointment.
Please feel free to contact us for more details, and even better to book a session!